On May 25 Lili is co-presenting with Attorney Mediator Jill Sanders-DeMott at the Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater NY (FDMC).
Their talk is titled, “CHILD SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE PRIMER: CHALLENGES AND OPTIONS” and will include:
- Basic refresh on the Child Support Standards Act (CSSA) and Maintenance
- Budgets vs. CSSA and Maintenance formulas, which do people introduce first when explaining everything to the clients?
- How do we work in “above the cap income” into the CSSA and Maintenance calculations and discussions? (plug additional amount into formula? what other ways?)
- Determining “CSSA gross income” and “Maintenance formula” income for non-W2 earners?
- Building in flexibility/modification methods—when is flexible too flexible?
- Tax ramifications of structuring Maintenance and Child Support and how is Child Support impacted when Maintenance ends?