Divorce and Money Matters, LLC is an independent Registered Investment Advisor and a fee only financial planning firm. We provide:
- Investment advisory services
- Asset management for individuals only
- Personal financial planning
- Divorce financial planning
The investment strategy for a specific client is based upon objectives, income needs, and tax situation as stated by the client during consultations. The client may change these objectives or give notice of different needs at any time. The client’s goals, objectives and needs are recorded in writing during meetings (including phone) and via correspondence with the client. Each client portfolio is constructed solely for that client.
Our firm does not engage as practice in frequent trading of securities or in specialized types of security that involve significant or unusual risks.
Fee Only Compensation
Our firm’s compensation is strictly hourly based for financial planning and is calculated as a percentage of assets under management for investment services.
All compensation is solely from fees paid directly by clients. Our firm does not receive commission based on the client’s purchase of any financial product, including insurance. No commissions in any form are accepted. No referral fees are paid or accepted. No benefits are received from broker-dealers, custodians, or anyone based on client securities transactions (“soft dollar benefits”).
Divorce and Money Matters, LLC does not have any arrangements or affiliations that are material to its advisory business or its clients with any related person or entity. Our firm does not accept referral fees or any form of renumeration from other professionals when a prospect or client is referred to them.
Our firm’s process:
- Prior to engaging our firm to provide asset management services, the client is required to enter into a formal Investment Advisory Services Contract.
- The firm’s assets under management are held in the client’s own name with independent custodians, including Charles Schwab and Fidelity Investments. Divorce and Money Matters, LLC does not act as custodian of client’s assets.
- All assets are held at qualified custodians (presently at Charles Schwab and Fidelity Investments), who provide account statements and online access directly to clients at their address (and email) of record. Clients have full transparency to their accounts and direct access to broker/dealer/custodian representative for their own accounts.
Our firm may at times recommend unrelated, third party investment managers who have a greater expertise in certain disciplines when appropriate for the client. Our firm recommends other professionals (e.g. lawyers, accountants, real estate agents, insurance agents, etc.) at the request of the client. Other professionals are engaged directly by the client on an as-needed basis even when recommended by us. Conflicts of interest will be disclosed to the client and managed in the best interests of the client.